Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Inconsistent and unnecessary rounding of ratings

On ven, 2005-01-07 at 17:35 -0600, Paul Kuliniewicz wrote:

> If this sounds like a good idea, I'll gladly make a patch to implement
> this.  Any comments?

This would break other users of the bonobo interface, rhythmlet comes to
mind. If we decide it's better to fix the issue even if it breaks stuff
for other people, there's also the possibility that people will use an
app expecting an integer against a rhythmbox returning a float and ugly
things like that.
For 0.9, we probably expose a float in the bonobo interface. In 0.8, we
should at least fix the rouding, though I'm not sure what people using
the interface will think... Another option would be to add a new field
containing the rating in float, but it's a bit ugly.
Dunno how/if the rhythmlet authors fixed that particular problem...

Christophe