Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] MythTV

Not necessarily, the split is really about allowing other programs
to read the database.  The database is defined as an xml file in
your ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox file.

What you really want is to have everyone be able to point to that
xml file.

There are two issues at this point, because we now have to worry about
multiple people possibly writing to that file because they might want
to add new music, delete stuff whatever.  I'm not sure how robust the
rhythmdb is at that point.

The second issue is change notification when a write occurs.  dbus can
do that but I'm not familiar enough with dbus to know how I could alert
everyone but I'm sure a little research can shed light on that.

sri