Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] MythTV

Well, the problem I see with this is that MythTV supports multiple front
ends per backend, so it needs to handle that case. If the UI were split
from rhythmdb, it would either need to support a remote rhythmdb and
multiple views per rhythmdb, or rhythmdb would need to support multiple
rhythmdb's accessing the same database (Which could be an nfs export or
something). MythTV already requires a mysql database, so having a mysql
rhythmdb doesn't add any extra dependencies and solves the problem I
think.

Kevin