Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Interface ideas

On 4/16/05, Christophe Fergeau <teuf gnome org> wrote:
> I like the rb6 mockups, and I much prefer the "play queue" being a
> source rather than cluttering the main ui.
Thanks!

> And maybe it would make sense to let users create a new window
> for the play queue by double clicking on it if they really need to display
> the play queue and the lib atm.
Options never hurt I guess... But in this case it would make sense to
allow this for every item in the source list. Also (may be a strange
idea but I'm just thinking) if doubleclicking opens a new window, the
doubleclick shouldn't also change the source. So if you are in the
library view and double-click the queue or a playlist, a new window
should open and the main window should stay in library view. Now, if
one tries to open the view of a detatched window, that windo should be
raised insted of openeng the view in the main window. Alternatively
the source items for detatched windows could be removed from the
source box as long as the windows are open...

> One last thing I don't like is the "play queue" name, I'm not sure "play
> queue" means much to many people, any alternative idea ?
At least nearly no non-native english speaker can pronounce it
correctly, so I would be very happy if someone would come up with a
better name ;-)

-Michi