Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Jukebox playlist

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 00:17, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 06:38, Jacob Emcken wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I don't really use playlists because I like just to listen to all my
> > music and let Rhythmbox shuffle through it.
>
> Yeah, I think that's a really common use case for Rhythmbox.  More
> common than I'd realized up until fairly recently.
>
> > I think it could be great to have some sort of jukebox playlist where
> > you could drag songs to.
>
> So I'd been thinking recently about supporting this.  Here's a start,
> just to get discussion going:
>
> http://web.rhythmbox.org/uidesign/
>
> I think the overall key idea is that I really like the browser
> interface, and we should focus a lot on that.
>
> The proposal above leaves a lot out (including the search bar I just
> noticed).

Hi

I'd just like to do give a few comments about this design.

First, I think the default action on double-click should be to prepend
the song to the queue, and start playing it.

To append songs to the queue, you should use right-click -> queue or
drag & drop to the queue widget (the one displaying the next song).

There should also be two more commands available in the right-click
pop-up menu: "play album" and "queue album". If you right-click on song
X from album Y and select "play album", the entire album Y should be
prepended to the queue, and the first track should be played
immediately. If you select "queue album", the album Y should be appended
to the list.

Also, when a music file is launched directly from Nautilus, it should be
prepended to the list and played immediately. But Rhythmbox should add
an entry in Nautilus' pop-up menu for audio MIME types enabling to queue
a song (actually to append songs to the queue, and not start playing
them).

Would it satisfy everybody ?

--
Julien Olivier <julo altern org>