Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Audioscrobbler

On Tuesday, May 04, 2004, at 06:38AM, Sri Ramkrishna <sri@aracnet.com> wrote:

>So I've been looking through some of the enhancement bugs and I thought
>the idea of implementing Audioscrobbler to be somewhat compelling.
>
>I'm interested in attempting to try such a thing.  It doesn't look like
>it would require more than adding something in preferences, and relying
>on gnome-vfs to send stats to the server after each song is complete.

It might be worth noting that AudioScrobbler is set to move to a new protocol in order to share more of the load with the client and give their servers a break. I have no idea exactly what this new protocol will involve or when it is due to arrive but it might be worth contacting the AudioScrobbler guy's first before spending any time on this.

cheers,

dave