[Rhythmbox-devel] Currently Playing Track

Hi there,

I've just started using rhythmbox and am very impressed.  I plan to use
it as my main music player now.  What I would really like to be able to
do though is to be able to identify the ID3 details of the currently
playing track from within another application.  Is this possible at
the moment?  If not, can I put in a request for an option to put this
information into, say, ~/.playing_now please?

If this can be done, then I'll try and find some time to write an
enlightenment epplet to display the currently playing track, which I for
one would find extremely useful -- it would allow me to keep the
rhythmbox window out of the way on desktop 8 and still see the current
track on the screen.

On another note, I've noticed what might be considered a bug.  I realise
that this might be a problem with using rhythmbox on enlightenment, but
I thought I'd tell you about it anyway...  When you click on "Small
Display" on the view menu, the display reduces as desired, but the
window size reduces to the same width as the large window, but to the
height of only the titlebar.  It also moves to the top of the screen.
Please see the following screenshots for a bit more clarity:

Before F8: http://tinyurl.com/28tex
 After F8: http://tinyurl.com/2yjn8

Many thanks for an excellent music player,

Al