Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] my status

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 08:40:55AM +1000, Jan Schmidt wrote:
> <quote who="Christophe Fergeau">
> > http://www.google.fr/search?q=itunes+patent&ie=UTF-8&hl=fr&btnG=Recherche+Google&meta=
> >
> > (don't take that as a "STFW" mail, it's rather a "given the media
> > coverage, it's difficult to pretend noone knew about that patent" mail)
> >
> > The patent number is 6,731,312
>
> Ta. Somehow or other, that one sailed straight past me.

So it's a patent on how an application looks?  This sounds like
a slippery slope.  Good thing M$ didn't bother patenting the ui of
a browser. (although NCSA would have prior art)

This is arguably defendable because we've seen this kind of stuff
even on hardware devices.  There aren't that many permutations
for music player interfaces.  Yeah, I understand why one would be
depressed.

sri