[Rhythmbox-devel] Auto-catagorize a directory tree

I have a number of albums ripped into a directory tree with what seems
to be a fairly standard organization:

    ~/music/<artist-name>/<album-name>/01-<track-1> ... nn-<track-n>

...and so on.  It seems like there should be an easy way to
automatically record the artist and album names when importing these
files, but I don't see any such facility.

Am I overlooking something obvious, or should I start writing a simple
tree-walker/xml-writer type of script to take care of this?

-- John Kodis.