Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Portable player support

> I had thought about integrating it directly with Rhythmbox but after
> some discussion decided that it's probably easier to implement it
> as a gnome-vfs thing instead.

Actually, due to the lack of a metadata api in gnome-vfs, I think you
need both, ie a gnome-vfs method to read/write files from/to the device,
and some other code to get the songs titles, artists, albums, ... if
they are available in some kind of database on the device.

Christophe