Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Auto-rating and inactivity

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:42:02 +0100
Mike <zines dx13 co uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I read in the archives a mention that Rhythmbox would not auto-rate
> songs whilst the computer was inactive, but the user had left rhythmbox
> playing.

I've seen similar problems, except that the ratings go down. The problem is even worse when I rate one song up and leave the rest alone. I wake up and discover that most of the songs have zero ratings and a couple have one ratings and that one 4-star song is playing over and over and over.

I really, really think that autorating should only work based on a user's direct actions.

-- Theodore Reed