Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: usage question

> Think of the variety of issues this could cover: portable music players,
> CD playing, Samba or NFS mounts for laptops, tag editing, file name
> based metadata, etc.  Rather than experimenting with these in core
> Rhythmbox and putting all users at risk, these could be developed and
> mature as extensions.

Most of these features (if you except file name based metadata) doesn't
seem too controversial for inclusion in the "core" rhythmbox, so I don't
see the need of wasting development time on a plug-in system if what you
was is to implement those features... Moreover, arch is all about
developing "experimental" features without destabilizing the main source
tree, while making it easy to merge the experimental feature once it's
working well enough.

Christophe