Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Syncing the RhythmDB on every update

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 12:43, Andreas Bombe wrote:

> gdbm, sqlite, same difference.  SQLite seems quite nifty.  I'd start to
> write a backend using SQLite if nobody else really wants to.

Ok, that'd be cool.  We're talking about major work here though,
definitely more something for 1.0.

> Granted, this is probably overengineering.  IMHO we should still keep
> the XML backend around to export/import the rhythmdb.  Instead of
> dumping on every shutdown, I guess it would be enough to provide a
> command line option for exporting the db.

That's fine, sure.  If we have SQLite though, I don't know why you would
want to switch to anything else.

This is a digitally signed message part