Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] RhythmBox Question

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 09:29, in7y118@public.uni-hamburg.de wrote:
> Quoting ShadyX <shadyX@flipmode.com>:
>
> > My MP3 CD player, and the HDD based MP3 player I plan to get, only support
> > WMA and MP3.  I have limited space, so WMA is by far the better option for
> > me.  I see that RB is based on both Xine and Gstreamer framework.  I've
> > already configured Xine to support WMA files (I've been using it to play
> > them), though I'm not sure about Gstreamer.  My question is; does RB support
> > WMAs?  Is there some plugin or config file I need to setup for this to work?
> > I've been searching the web for a few hours, and I can't find any information
> > beyond the Xine codecs.
> >
> The upcoming GStreamer release (the 0.7 series) does support WMA files. Though
> that supprort is not as fleshed out as mp3 support is. I certainly have played
> back wma files with it at least. :)
>
> I don't know if that needs to be integrated into Rb somehow though.

If rb uses the spider element (which I think it isnt at the moment), it
should be wma ready. This is just a guess of course.

--
Sean Harshbarger
harshy@dersoldat.org

Key fingerprint = 086A AA96 51DD D84D 3E64  1B26 778F 2335 C828 E736

This is a digitally signed message part