Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] RhythmBox Question

Quoting ShadyX <shadyX@flipmode.com>:

> My MP3 CD player, and the HDD based MP3 player I plan to get, only support
> WMA and MP3.  I have limited space, so WMA is by far the better option for
> me.  I see that RB is based on both Xine and Gstreamer framework.  I've
> already configured Xine to support WMA files (I've been using it to play
> them), though I'm not sure about Gstreamer.  My question is; does RB support
> WMAs?  Is there some plugin or config file I need to setup for this to work?
> I've been searching the web for a few hours, and I can't find any information
> beyond the Xine codecs.

The upcoming GStreamer release (the 0.7 series) does support WMA files. Though
that supprort is not as fleshed out as mp3 support is. I certainly have played
back wma files with it at least. :)

I don't know if that needs to be integrated into Rb somehow though.

Benjamin