Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [REVIEW] First time assistant

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 13:28, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> OK guys, I'm back from vacation and Italian translation of GNOME is
> quite finished. So it's time to make rb better :->

:)

> I belive we are not in string or UI freeze, isn't it?

Nope, not yet.

> First page
>         This page should explain what rb is and the role of the
>         assistant. Remember that it's the first time user
>         launch.Actually it's really poor :-(

I agree, your page is definitely better.

> Second page
>         I belive is important explain here how the library works. Plus I
>         think is better choose between:
>         	( ) Scan all my home (it can be take a long time)
>         	(*) I've a music dir, scan only this one

I'd still like to have an option to just skip this step.  The user might
not have access to their music at the moment, and just wants to see
what the application is like.

> Third page
>         This is only a waiting page, while rb is scanning dirs and
>         building library. As user I prefer to have it here then after
>         launching main window. It's the assistant to iniziale the
>         library: inizialize it here!

Why?  The user should be able to use the application as soon as
possible.

> Last page
>         By by from the assistant, plus how to add other music to library

Agreed, this is a good idea.

> Cause I know that is better a mochup the 10000 words, there is an
> attached glade mochup :-)

Cool.  I'll try to integrate parts of this soonish.