Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [REVIEW] First time assistant

On dom, 2003-09-14 at 21:33 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 13:28, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> > Second page
> >         I belive is important explain here how the library works. Plus I
> >         think is better choose between:
> >         	( ) Scan all my home (it can be take a long time)
> >         	(*) I've a music dir, scan only this one
>
> I'd still like to have an option to just skip this step.  The user might
> not have access to their music at the moment, and just wants to see
> what the application is like.

mmmhh true.. a third radio button? Or a checbox? Boh!

But "skip this step" is wrong concept/label IMHO. The assistant has ONLY
this making_something_step, so if you jump it you have only "Welcome"
and "ByBy".

> > Third page
> >         This is only a waiting page, while rb is scanning dirs and
> >         building library. As user I prefer to have it here then after
> >         launching main window. It's the assistant to iniziale the
> >         library: inizialize it here!
>
> Why?  The user should be able to use the application as soon as
> possible.

It's only for the fist time. Plus typically you use rb to play mp3/ogg

So the library is aleady builded when main window will be opened.

But it could be only a personal taste. Any info about iTunes?

> > Cause I know that is better a mochup the 10000 words, there is an
> > attached glade mochup :-)
>
> Cool.  I'll try to integrate parts of this soonish.

I'm happy

--
Think bigger

			My uncle