[Rhythmbox-devel] Holy CPU usage batman!

Hey Duders,

I just emerged rhythmbox 0.5.2 (on gentoo 1.4) and it rocks except for a
few things....  the CPU is hit like crazy when playing back music top
reports it's rhythmbox... but perhaps gstreamer(?) and when I go to close
the application there is lag... enough lag that the GNome "Would you like
to kill this application.. it's not responding.. etc. etc"  prompt comes
up.. (but then closes quickly after).

Any work on this part? I would love to  replace xmms with this application
if it's kinder on system resources.

other than that, I <3 it!

Benjamin P. Keating