Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rb applet

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 15:08, William Jon McCann wrote:
> Colin Walters wrote:
> > Cool!  Thanks for working on this.  I haven't been able to actually get
> > it to run, mainly because I can't figure out how to run applets built in
> > a different prefix than my main GNOME installation.
>
> Maybe something like:
> bonobo-activation-sysconf --add-directory="/usr/local/bonobo-servers"

Yeah, I'd done that, but when I run
/build/rb/libexec/musicplayer_applet2, it just hangs.

> Right.  I have added this now.  However, I'm seeing some strange
> behavior.  When I query bonobo from the applet it only reports servers
> that were started before the applet was started and doesn't report
> changes.  For example when I start RB and then add the applet to the
> panel a bonobo query reports one RB server active.  When I exit RB
> bonobo still reports one server active.

Hm, as far as I can tell rb is correctly unregistering with
bonobo-activation, so I'm not sure why that would be.

>  On the other hand, if I add the
> applet to the panel and then start RB then it does not report an active
> RB server.

That's even stranger.

> I noticed that bonobo_activation_query does some caching.  Could this be
> related to that?  Any ideas?

It would still seem like a bug if the cache isn't being updated...

> I have fixed the warnings.  I think I would like to get the applet
> working a bit better with the current design, get it checked in, and
> then redesign it, if that is ok.

Sure, that sounds cool.

> How about?
> arch-tag: Implementation of Rhythmbox panel applet

That's fine.  Note you need different tags for the .h and .c files.

> Cool. I will as soon as I get the pause/play state working a bit better.
>   So I can add these to CVS directly and not cause any problems with arch?

Yep - I will take care of any synchronization necessary.

Thanks!