Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox command line interface (CLI)/cdplaying/scan for audio

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 20:58, David Tansey wrote:

> Do you plan to implement a command line interface for simple actions
> (i.e. play/pause/stop/forward/backwards) so that people could map those
> commands in their window managers?

There already is in the latest arch/cvs.

> Do you intend to enable rb to play Audio CDs? right now it has to be
> ripped before it can be played. (I have version 0.5.3)

Eventually, there's some code for this now.

> Finally, do you intend to provide an easy way for users to either have
> rb scan their harddrives for music or have them be able to select a
> directory and have that directory searched?

Well you can always use "import folder" again.  But yes, we have plans
for improvements in this area.

> Also, if these options are not planned in the near future, would it be
> possible for me to create a second application that made rhythmbox calls
> from outside the program?

Yep, that's what the Bonobo interface is for.

This is a digitally signed message part