Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] feedback on 0.5.99

* commited walters@rhythmbox.org--2003b/rhythmbox--mainline--0.6--patch-225

> - Selecting "View: Small Display" collapses the window to be about 1
>   pixel tall, with no visible GUI elements. I see just the title bar,
>   the bottom window manager bar, and about 2 pixels of gray in between.
>   To get the normal window back, I have to do "Alt-V" and then un-select
>   "Small Display" in the window.

Someone else has reported this too, but it works fine here.  I'm not
sure what the problem is.

> - It would be great to have some kind of "wait" icon when selecting
>   "Help: Contents". On my system (500 Mhz), it takes 5 to 10 seconds for
>   anything to appear on the screen. In the meantime, I thought my click
>   "didn't do anything", so I clicked it again...resulting in 2 help
>   windows.

This issue isn't specific to Rhythmbox at all, as far as I can tell.

> - Pressing "Stop" when playing a stream frequently (but not always)
>   causes RB to freeze and need to be killed.

This could happen for a lot of reasons; it's really unfortunately very
difficult to fix :/

> - When using RB to listen to streams, there is a constant progress bar
>   in the lower right hand corner which is always stuck at 100%.

This progress bar is used for the library feedback.

>  This
>   doesn't make sense. It would be appropriate to use this when the
>   stream is buffering. Instead. a "Loading..." window pops up for this
>   purpose, and this progress bar stays stuck.

Probably.  It's a little trickly to implement.  I'll put it on the todo
list.

This is a digitally signed message part