Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox roadmap

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 06:31:29PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> The arch --mainline/CVS HEAD continues to improve, and thankfully other
> people like Yann are pitching in and squashing bugs too :)

You'll need to tell me again how to download from arch. :/ I tried the
instructions from a previous message but the arch get didn't work after I
registered the repository.  I better look at the arch tutorial again.

> The major bugs blocking 0.6.0 are:
> 1) property browsers don't refresh after deletion
> 2) doing an "All" query should be faster

I"ll see what I can do about 2.

> Then there are at least two major features I'd like to see in 0.6.0:
> 2) Smart playlists

> little tricky, but definitely doable.  I think it'll be what I work on
> next, but it might be a good thing to push to 0.6.1.

I'd like to help on this.  I've been thinking of other ideas for smart lists
that I want to address.  One of them is adding constraints to smart
playlists.  Since getting my pocket pc I've been really missing a feature to
be able to constrain a playlist by a certain size.  So if I want to copy a
set of songs randomly by a certain genre, I want to also add a constraint
that the size not be say 256MB.  Then I want to be able to export this list
to any device I want to.

One feature thats missing is the ability to just copy songs on a playlist to
somewhere.  This should not be hard with gnome-vfs.  But I think it's
something I want to work on, on a private branch. ;)

HIG UI discussions on how achieve the copying should be interesting. ;)

> totally of course on how many other people contribute and my schoolwork
> :)

hehe.  Not.

> Can anyone else think of any other major blocking bugs?  Other thoughts,
> opinions, etc?

See above.

sri