[Rhythmbox-devel] Re: prerelease 0.5.99.1

On 2003-11-11, Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> wrote:

> --=-ESZ8QPhVJbV4V6S+UBce
>
> On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 22:09, Mark Stosberg wrote:
>
>> - After clicking on an iradio station to play I'm left with a copy of
>>   the popup progress bar on my screen. It doesn't have the window
>>   decoration or any words, and it won't go away unless I kill rhythmbox.
>
> Hm.  Weird.  So you can't click the cancel button then?

A screenshot would say a lot here. There is no cancel button visible.
Just a gray, undecorated box with a stuck progress bar. No words, no
buttons. The station does start playing, though.

>> - I still sometimes get a freeze when hitting "stop" on an iradio
>>   station. Colin, contact me privately if you would like access to my
>>   box to observe this.
>
> Is this after the station stops sending, and so you hit stop to try to
> restart it?  That happens to me occasionally too.  The problem is that
> the gnomevfssrc element in the pipeline is probably blocked waiting on
> the site to respond.

It's happening when the stream is still playing, and I've decided to
stop it manually.

In other news, I tried the integration with Sound Juicer, and I found
that it worked really well. It could only be more seamless is by requiring
Sound Juicer to be installed in the first place, to avoid the initial
"you need sound juicer" message.

	Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark@summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .