Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: prerelease 0.5.99.1

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 22:09, Mark Stosberg wrote:

> - After clicking on an iradio station to play I'm left with a copy of
>   the popup progress bar on my screen. It doesn't have the window
>   decoration or any words, and it won't go away unless I kill rhythmbox.

Hm.  Weird.  So you can't click the cancel button then?

> - I still sometimes get a freeze when hitting "stop" on an iradio
>   station. Colin, contact me privately if you would like access to my
>   box to observe this.

Is this after the station stops sending, and so you hit stop to try to
restart it?  That happens to me occasionally too.  The problem is that
the gnomevfssrc element in the pipeline is probably blocked waiting on
the site to respond.

Unfortunately internet radio is going to be kind of flaky like this
without a lot of changes in GStreamer.  Basically we need a way to do
operations asynchronously, and cancel them.  It's pretty hard.

This is a digitally signed message part