Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: prerelease 0.5.99.1

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Colin Walters wrote:

> Is this after the station stops sending, and so you hit stop to try to
> restart it?  That happens to me occasionally too.  The problem is that
> the gnomevfssrc element in the pipeline is probably blocked waiting on
> the site to respond.
>
> Unfortunately internet radio is going to be kind of flaky like this
> without a lot of changes in GStreamer.  Basically we need a way to do
> operations asynchronously, and cancel them.  It's pretty hard.

My idea is to implement a gst_element_block (element) function that tells
the scheduler that this element is blocked. An external function would
then have to gst_element_unblock the element.
This would be kinda hard to implement in GStreamer but should work nicely
for this case if I get it working :)