Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] yet another new mockup (meta)

On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 15:42, MArk Finlay wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 20:19, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> > Yet another new mockup:
> >
> > http://nl.linux.org/~jorn/d.png
> >
> > New:
> > - no more action button (which even was outside of the source area,
> > which just occured to me was a pretty bad thing - burn to cd - burn what
> > to cd? the currently playing song? (thats what it was next to))
>
> Burn makes no sense in the library source, but does in the playlist
> source. I think the idea of a meta-button as I described in
> my writeup is really useful. It's either toggle browser or new smart
> playlist in library, burn in playlist, and rip in cd.

Yeah, I gotta say, I like the action button a lot.  Once we actually get
CD burning/ripping/etc capability it would be good to advertise that.

> One thing I never said about Daniel;s mockup is that the
> meta button cannot have text in it because when the button changes
> the text would have to change, changing the size of the button, and
> that is just horrible ui.

That is true.  iTunes just has an icon.  Hm, maybe we could have text
below it?  Plus of course there will be tooltips.

> I really don't like the idea of a browser for playlists. Playlist are
> ment to be chronological...

I'm neutral on this.