Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: [Usability]Music player UI

Colin Walters wrote:

>On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 15:11, MArk Finlay wrote:
>

>>Personally I would be perfectly happy with this:
>>
>>Radio: 'Applications->Sound & Video->Internet Radio' brings you to the
>>stand along app (net-rhythmbox's radio view). Internet radio makes total
>>sense as a stand alone app because there is very little interaction with
>>other multimedia on the system.
>>

>Do other people feel this way too?  I personally like having everything
>related to music playing together.  I often alternate between playing
>iradio and local music, and if I had two separate apps then I'd have to
>have both of them open, each with their own play buttons, UI, etc.  It
>feels saner to just have one Play button.

Delurking, as a non-code contributing user, I agree with Colin - I also
alternate between different sources of music, and one UI seems more
consistent. FWIW, I'd like to see playlists that alternate between time
spent in iradio looking for new things, and time spent playing "old
favorites" from my local collection. Not that I've ever seen a playlist
format/editor that'll let you do that, but if the apps stay separate, I
wouldn't think it would be an easy thing to do.