Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: [Usability]Music player UI

On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 15:11, MArk Finlay wrote:

> Personally I would be perfectly happy with this:
>
> Radio: 'Applications->Sound & Video->Internet Radio' brings you to the
> stand along app (net-rhythmbox's radio view). Internet radio makes total
> sense as a stand alone app because there is very little interaction with
> other multimedia on the system.

Do other people feel this way too?  I personally like having everything
related to music playing together.  I often alternate between playing
iradio and local music, and if I had two separate apps then I'd have to
have both of them open, each with their own play buttons, UI, etc.  It
feels saner to just have one Play button.

> That is until srtream ripping
> functionality is added. At that stage the approperiate links are made to
> other parts of the proposed "Gnome Multimedia System" for lack of a
> better name. eg. Ripped streams would be added to the library....

This would be neat.