Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] node tree structure

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 10:13:04AM +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> We already thought about using a database as the backend (about a year
> and a half ago :). We would still need to avoid any kind of
> configuration to the user, and the easiest would probably be to use
> gnome-db (mergeant, or whatever it's called these days ;). I'm still not
> sure about the performance though...

Oh man, thats right.  I totally forgot about the good works of the gnome-db
people. This will allow us to not worry about what database we use.
gnome-db actually works on a flat file if I recall if you aren't using
a database.  So that makes things a lot easier as Bastien stated as it
doesn't require that we set up a database infrastructure on our own.

We don't need to use mergeant.  Mergeant is kind of pgaccess, it's just
an application that uses gnome-db framework.  If we use gnome-db it will
probably require:

	libgda
	gnome-db

I think there's one more library but I'm not certain.  There are
some ui objects that you need in order to pull up some of the db
provider dialogs.  Hopefully this doesn't sound too complex. ;)

sri