Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] netRhythmbox branch 0.4.4.99.4 released

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 23:25, Colin Walters wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to announce that a prerelease of netRhythmbox 0.4.4.99.4 is
> available.  It is a temporary branch of Rhythmbox; the main goal is to
> fix bugs, add features, and track the latest GStreamer.  All of the work
> on this branch will hopefully be folded back into the main Rhythmbox at
> some point.

I'm going to be downloading this later on today, and the screenshot
looks really cool.

This may have been asked before, but what the hey; I really love the
unix philosopy to have each program do one thing and do it right.

In that vain I think it would be cool to rip out all the library stuff
out of netRb and call it gradio[1]. Then we could have HEAD as a simple
library based mp3 player, and maybe someone might write a gstreamer
based cd player/wripper (ie. with a lot more functionality than the
current one in gnome).

To me a major benefit of this to netRb would be that you could put in
all the fun stream ripping etc.. stuff without worrying that your going
to distroy jorn's dream of a really clean simple unchanging interface.

Later, and nice work

[1] or maybe even something flashier than that ;)

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]
    [ Public Key: http://evolvedoo.sf.net/sisobatericomdotnet.asc  ]