Re: [Fwd: Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Yet another user interfaceproposal]

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 15:01, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> I don't know how an iradio works, but the only shared interface element
> is the play button :-).
> If iradio works as a plain FM/AM radio you can't use shuffle, no repeat,
> no slider.

Some radiostations stream track info along with the radiostation name.
There is a project called streamripper
(http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/) which can track the name change
and search for an appropriate spot to split the downloaded stream at. My
dream player would have the possibility to have an 'intelligent cache'
that would hold a few tracks back (configurable?). One could hit an
'import' button and the tracks would be copied into a special directory
(or one could browse the cache dir too).

Just a thought.

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac@ximian.com>
Ximian, Inc.