Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] CD burning

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 16:48, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 12:22, Ross Burton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm starting on my long-term To Do of adding audio CD burning to
> > Rhythmbox (as I agree with Alex that audio CD burning should be removed
> > from nautilus-cd-burner.
>
> Cool.  Sean Harshbarger was interested in working on this as well.

The plans for this have been long in the works, which is why coaster is
rather weak atm. This was not an interest, but a "I am calling this as
my duty" now for a while.

The plan, which I didn't want to release to everyone just yet, was to
make the coaster backend a library. Right now we have coaster running
off of libburn. Because I am writing the burning code for both coaster
and RB, I planned to split the backend (preferences and options) off of
coaster into a libcoaster if you will. This will give the user/desktop a
central point to configure their burners and maybe even readers.

What I suggest is getting Ross and Alex involved in libburn/libcoaster
development. Their experience will greatly benefit all of burning in
gnome.

--
Sean Harshbarger		|   "Only two things are infinite,
harshy@dersoldat.org		|   the universe and human stupidity,

Key fingerprint = 086A AA96 51DD D84D 3E64  1B26 778F 2335 C828 E736

This is a digitally signed message part