Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] Show window when not visible

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:05PM -0800, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 19:55, Seth Nickell wrote:
>>  Right now I would suggest that rb use the notification area in the way
>>  that is most directly useful rather than worrying what the guidelines
>>  will or won't be.
>
> Ok.  I do hope that some sort of strong consensus emerges eventually.

Maybe the next hig release will have a section. At least, its the 1st
"new section" on my list.

>>  I would suggest having left clicking on the rb notification icon pop
>> up
>>  a small 'menu' that includes the current song title, pause/play, next,
>>  previous, and something to show the main rb interface (but don't ever
>>  hide it in all workspaces... So no "hide" button, just switch to rb's
>>  workspace and bring it to top).
>
> Implemented in CVS now, thanks for the suggestions!

Damnit, where's the controversy?

>>  I'll save justifications for later since
>>  my cell phone's moving out of range ;-)
>
> Heh.

And I was so looking forward to writing these.... The good news is that
the driftwood cabin w/o electricity and water I'm stayung at for a week
*does* have cell service.... So lots of email :-)
-Seth