Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Task request

El vie, 08-08-2003 a las 06:32, Colin Walters escribió:

[...]

> > I have a question, is there a way to change the ID3 like headers
> > directly with gstreamer?
>
> I think the answer is "not yet".  It's something we'd all like to see in
> GStreamer.  Thomas Stichele has done some work on this:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-multimedia/2003-August/msg00002.html

Hmmm I have just look at nautilus-media/media-info (HEAD) and there is
nothing about it (ID3 like headers), Is it in another place?

> > The way that monkeymedia is getting that
> > information is accessing directly to the file. I don't know if it's
> > because gstreamer lacks that functionality (but it will be implemented
> > in the near future) or the direct access is the best way to do it?.
>
> In the long term, we want to kill off monkey-media, or at least just
> turn it into just a thin wrapper library for playback.  What exactly it
> will be replaced with is kind of an open topic, and one I am not
> personally concerned with at the moment until 0.5.0 is out the door.
>
> So I think ideally, you'd be able to help Thomas implement his library,
> and we could dump the metadata stuff from monkey-media.  But if you hack
> monkey-media and get it to work reliably, I'm sure the patch would be
> applied.

If the actual media-info is the one at nautilus-media/media-info, I
think that I will implement it inside monkey-media and when it works I
will port it to media-info. It's much more easy to me test it with
monkey-media than with media-info and the idea behind them looks
similar.

> Anyways, this kind of this is being discussed on the gnome-multimedia
> list, because this also affects other programs like nautilus-media and
> totem.

Thomas, can I take this task for the shared library you are talking
about? (I'm only talking about ID3 like headers, perhaps more things
later, but now only those headers reading/writing).

Cheers.