Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Task request

Quoting Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos@gnome.org>:

> I have a question, is there a way to change the ID3 like headers
> directly with gstreamer? The way that monkeymedia is getting that
> information is accessing directly to the file. I don't know if it's
> because gstreamer lacks that functionality (but it will be implemented
> in the near future) or the direct access is the best way to do it?.

Currently there is no way to change tags with GStreamer directly. The 0.6
series will never have that functionality, but it will definitely be in the 0.8
release - whenever that will be. I am currently working on adding that
functionality to GStreamer. I can already change tags on mp3s and I keep my
tags when transcoding files on my local copy.

The only question is for how long Rhythmbox will stay without this
functionality, which mostly depends on when we Rhythmbox guys decide to switch
to GStreamer 0.7.
But I think your work would just end in being a duplication.

Benjamin