Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] audiocd view in (net)rhythmbox

On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 12:56, Jorn Baayen wrote:

> I think it is really important we should not hardcode mad there, I don't
> know of any vorbis stations but who knows - we should definetely support
> them.
> Once again I still think it is better to have these things fixed in
> gstreamer and not work around them, there is really no hurry - we don't
> have an rb ready for release anyway.

Sigh.

> Yeah, that buffering and queue stuff would be good to have - could you
> make a patch adding this to mm head?

You know, one of the reasons some of these issues got fixed in GStreamer
is *because* I kept pushing them to do it by giving them a working,
released app that needed support for stuff.  If we just sit on our butts
and wait for the GStreamer people to fix every single problem before
releasing anything, where's their motivation?  They want to fix issues
in software that people out there actually use.

Anyways.  If you're going to be this way I don't see the point in trying
to merge our monkey-media trees right now, since they will likely
diverge again, and you don't seem like you're planning to release
monkey-media anytime soon, and I'm not going to be tethered to its
complete lack of any release schedule.

I still want to merge in the future.