Re: Bump release date for 3.34 from 9/11

On Fri, 2019-08-09 at 19:23 -0500, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
Oops, how about switching to September 12 instead? I don't see any
compelling need to stick to the usual Wednesday date.

Andreas, Matthias, sound OK?

To me this makes no sense as ~200 other countries out there likely also
have their days to mourn about something in their history.

I think we want to avoid deadlines for tarball creation on days when
many of our software maintainers on this planet might be on vacation
("Christmas" etc) but I don't want to go down the single country road.

If use of the admittedly iconic phrase "9/11" is seen as a potential
problem, I'd recommend to use "Sep 11" or such (makes more sense anyway
as no country outside of the USA could parse "9/11" as a date format).

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net