Re: GNOME Modulesets in BuildStream - Baby Steps

On Sun, 2017-10-29 at 19:38 +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Wed, 2017-10-11 at 22:30 +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Hi !

Here is a follow up and status report.
[...]

Status of builds
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I believe we've reached build parity with the 3.27.x releases, and
better.

For instance we were able to catch the issue of gnome-recipes not
building with the newer meson version we have in the modulesets, thanks
to BuildStream guaranteeing that we only ever build things against the
correct version of their dependencies.

Thanks Matthias for fixing this !

I will run another build from scratch tonight and report the full build
logs again, which I expect will have the same number of failing builds
or less.

Sorry dropped the ball on this one, I did collect the full build logs
from 2 days ago so here they are:

  core/meta-gnome-core.bst: https://bpaste.net/show/943848fe0d08
  apps/meta-gnome-apps-tested.bst: https://bpaste.net/show/0ed340e8dd8e

Note that very soon we will be able to run all `bst` commands on
multiple targets similar to how jhbuild CLI works (Tristan Maat is
working on this now).

Also, I'll be setting up an Intel box just to build all the time,
probably tomorrow - it's not a proper CI server or anything, not even
resolvable on the internet, but will increase the chances in general
that you get a shared cache hit for a recent version of any given
module (I'm just going to set it up to continuously track the latest
GNOME, try to build, and push to artifact share if things build).

Also, I have a fallback branch up for Javier, so you can potentially
run BuildStream on Arch linux or distros which don't have user
namespaces available.

Please Javier, try this branch on Arch and let me know:
  https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/merge_requests/132

Cheers,
    -Tristan