Re: GNOME Modulesets in BuildStream - Baby Steps

On Wed, 2017-10-11 at 17:15 +0100, Javier Jardón wrote:
[...]

If we want people to start using Buildstream instead jhbuild, I think
we would need a step to step guide to build stuff. Basically a
equivalent of this: [1]

Does BuildStream have something similar already? Should we start a
wiki page somewhere if not?

Cheers,
Javier

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Newcomers/BuildSystemComponent

FYI, I have created a draft wiki page [1] that tries to mimic the jhbuild one
Any help completing it appreciated

Hi !

Of course, setting up a getting started wiki page is certainly
something we need to do - I'm not sure that we can achieve that in a
generic 'BuildStream' context but we certainly need to have one for the
'GNOME' build context.

Maybe if it turns out to be a good getting started user guide that
applies well to most any BuildStream project, we can adopt something
like it in BuildStream user facing docs too.

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/jjardon/BuildSystemComponentBuildstream

And thanks for getting the ball rolling on this !

I think most of the content will not be reusable, but having the layout
of the TOC setup and some examples of wiki markdown around is certainly
a good way forward.

Cheers,
    -Tristan