Re: Signing apps on Google Play store

Hi all,

Sorry for the late replay, I was on holidays

On 2 September 2015 at 20:51, Cosimo Cecchi <cosimo cecchi gmail com> wrote:
Hi Frederic,

Thanks for your reply, please find some comments below.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 10:59 PM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:

I wouldn't want a Google account to be a required part for some of the
duties of the release team. (certainly I would fail that duty).

To clarify, my request is mostly related to being the gate-keeper for the
account and what goes in it.
I can't think of a team that would be better suited for that, as we would
effectively be releasing some software as GNOME.

I'm also curious to understand your concern further.

Also, while all is well when maintainers are active (and I am sure
Ankit would be) the release team does have to build and release things
when they become inactive.

I would not expect this to be the case here; if the maintainer loses
interest in the app and no one else picks it up, I think it would be fine
for us to drop it.

Even I understand the Fred concerns, I think r-t is the most
appropriate group to hold the ownership of such account.
And as Cosimo said, we can always drop the apps if the became not
active/unmaintained
I personally do not have any idea about how Android/Google Play works,
but I volunteer myself if we agree on this

Regards,
Javier Jardón