Re: Signing apps on Google Play store

Hi Frederic,

Thanks for your reply, please find some comments below.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 10:59 PM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
I wouldn't want a Google account to be a required part for some of the
duties of the release team. (certainly I would fail that duty).

To clarify, my request is mostly related to being the gate-keeper for the account and what goes in it.
I can't think of a team that would be better suited for that, as we would effectively be releasing some software as GNOME.

I'm also curious to understand your concern further.

Also, while all is well when maintainers are active (and I am sure
Ankit would be) the release team does have to build and release things
when they become inactive.

I would not expect this to be the case here; if the maintainer loses interest in the app and no one else picks it up, I think it would be fine for us to drop it.

Thanks,
Cosimo