Re: Signing apps on Google Play store

Hi Frederic,

Thanks for the quick reply.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 6:59 AM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
Hi Cosimo, Ankit, Zeeshan, and board,

It's my understanding that the process of publishing an application on
Google Play involves creating a master key for the organization. Would the
release-team be interested in helping out with this and holding the secret
keys/creating a process for publishing applications of this kind?
Ankit already said that he volunteers to maintain and release the
application, so that part of the process would not be different from what
we currently have for regular modules.

Any feedback appreciated!

(just my opinion)

I wouldn't want a Google account to be a required part for some of the
duties of the release team. (certainly I would fail that duty).

Could you please expand a bit on why that is a problem? If you having
an account for yourself is an issue, I think we can arrange for an
account for GNOME that all r-t members will have access to?

Also, while all is well when maintainers are active (and I am sure
Ankit would be) the release team does have to build and release things
when they become inactive.

Not necessarily. This app is not an integral part of our platform and
hence bugs etc won't affect our releases. In the end, it's a pretty
simple app so I don't think maintenance would be a big burden to
carry.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)