Re: Release code names

Hey Allan,

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 4:17 AM, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
1. Is the name meant to be just a code name, used to describe
development releases, or is it to be used for the final released
version also?

I would love it if applied also to the final released version.

2. If we intend to use the name for the public release, how do we
expect the name to be formed? Is it "GNOME Gothenburg", "GNOME 3.18:
Gothenburg", "GNOME 3.18, also known as "Gothenburg", or some other
formulation?

I also like "GNOME 3.18: Gothenburg", but am fine with other formulations as well; I think we should mention both the version and the codename.

3. It has been brought to my attention that GNOME.Asia is typically
held after the March release. Any ideas for how to deal with that?

I think it's fine to use the name of the next hosting city, even if GNOME.Asia hasn't actually taken place there yet.

Thanks,
Cosimo