Re: 3.18 topics: application revival

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:

Some of the others are unfortunately stalled or stagnant. In some
cases, maintainers are lacking and patches are rotting in bugzilla. In
other cases, we just don't have experienced enough developers around
to lift the apps 'over the threshold' of usefulness.

We really need to be fixating on increasing our developer pool.  I
feel like that we've been relying on our paid developers to do all the
heavy lifting.

I also feel we should be spending an entire cycle not only on what
Allan is talking about, but also lowering the bar on getting apps.
For instance, glade still has a number of outstanding patches that
have not been reviewed which makes it difficult to play around with UI
for at least newcomers.

sri