Meeting minutes Fosdem 2013
- From: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
- To: GNOME 4 release team <release-team gnome org>
- Subject: Meeting minutes Fosdem 2013
- Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 19:51:27 +0100
As usual we had a short r-t come-together at Fosdem.
Nobody really took meeting notes. Likely I have forgotten something, or
even remember something wrong. Please add/correct.
Rumors state that we have a video though. :)
== Attendees ==
* desrt (guest / mascott)
= Membership changes =
* no plans of members to leave
* still considering extending the team by one person and
discussions about potential candidates, but no urgency
= a11y =
* clutter-gtk use - no good a11y support, but seems to be only
used by gnome-documents and cheese (via gnome-control-center).
= GnomeGoals =
* Python: distros will also have to ship older version anyway,
hence no urgency to push forward
* libgee, libsecret: all parallel-installable, nothing urgent
= Classic mode in 3.8 =
* gnome-shell-extensions: not entirely clear if official module or
not; expected to be packaged by distros or not?
* How well will classic mode be tested compared to default mode?
* ACTION: andre: Contact marketing, rel-notes writers, relevant
developers to agree on coherent marketing message
(but whoever is faster and has time, please go ahead!)
= Freeze request handling in Bugzilla =
* once upon a time  proposed to move it from emails to Bugzilla
* not clear if still wanted by anybody else, or if current system
via email is "acceptable" enough by involved parties (requester,
r-t, docs team, l10n team)
* reconsider in early 3.9, too late for 3.7
== longer-term (2 or 3 years) plan for GNOME? ==
* there is no strong message about recommended gtk, glib,
gstreamer versions for a specific GNOME release,
having a potential SDK in mind
== r-t meetings communication channel and style ==
* Does IRC work well for everybody (logging; time spent for a
meeting), or should something like Google Hangout at least
be considered (preferably some free service if existing)?
If so, must make sure that anybody interested can easily join.
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
Andre Klapper | ak-47 gmx net
] [Thread Prev