Re: Request: New function in evolution-data-server 3.4.3

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 13:37 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> I'd like to add this to the 3.4.3 release of EDS. Since it's just a new
> function, there should be no compatibility issues... but I believe I
> need permission from the release team...

GNOME promises API/ABI stability for its stable versions.

Quoting Dave from IRC: "<dwmw2> it's not an API that's deliberately made
available for the public to use, although yes it's public."

However the performance improvement clearly outweighs this very local
API addition, so another +1.

I wonder if this should come with an SONAME bump and a notification to
distributor-list@ just to be on the safe side (to avoid a distro
packagers mob with forks and torches in front of your house), but if I'm
just paranoid and don't understand the use of soname well enough (/me
not being a developer), please ignore me. :)

andre

PS: The coding style of the commit looks slightly inconsistent
[function_name(param) vs function_name (param)] but that's not my
problem.
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper