Re: r-t meeting Thursday 2100UTC? (Hardcode Freeze starting in 144 hours)

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
> Proposing to have an r-t meeting again this Thursday 21:00 UTC to
> discuss the gnome 3.0 blockers in Bugzilla.
>
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?cf_gnome_target=3.0;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;bug_status=NEEDINFO
>
> We have hardcode freeze starting next Monday for two weeks.
>
> IMO we either should postpone that by a few days, or drown in a flood of
> freeze break requests.
>
> +1/±0/-1's?

Hard code freeze is obviously not very practical with 20+ blockers
still outstanding...

To give some progress report on the major outstanding pieces:

- Owen told me today that he now intends to not merge the ibus support
for 3.0 after all, since it needs more work, and what we have now is
kinda ok in most locales.

- Dan W has done a few rounds of review of the gnome-shell network
menu, and it looks fairly close to mergable now - hopefully
tomorrow...

- I have spent today hacking furiously on the network panel, and got a
number of things done; I'd say about halfway through the required
changes there. When Richard comes back from errata work tomorrow, we
should be able to make more progress there.

- Haven't heard much about the progress on reviewing Alex'
multimonitor patch set

Matthias