Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two

2011/1/31 Andy Wingo <wingo pobox com>:

> I am also surprised at the lack of rules here, and additionally, the
> lack of discussion.  Without the rules, it's just languages that people
> like or see as strategic for some reason, and is disrespectful of those
> bindings that chose to follow the 2.x bindings moduleset.  (Guile was
> not one of them, FWIW.)
>
> GNOME has done really well with libraries.  It would be good to continue
> to extend this rigor to language bindings.
>
> Regardless of the ultimate decision -- NB, not being discussed at
> language-bindings gnome org -- the lack of communication from the
> release team is lamentable.

And this kind of attitude is the best way to ensure people will leave
release-team..

Before blaming release-team for all the GNOME deficiencies in GNOME 3,
maybe you should check who did the "clean-up" in the first place.

--
Frederic Crozat
who is more and more thinking of dropping his RT hat..