Changes to notification spec

Seems the notification spec was changed just by GNOME and no involvement
from anyone else. As least this is what I gather from the comments from
various KDE people (Aaron and others) on
http://blogs.gnome.org/marina/2011/01/07/notifications-with-character/

Apparently the new spec is only somewhere on people.gnome.org. This will
give a wrong impression towards KDE (and others, XFCE, etc).

I'm guessing this is caused by everyone being very busy with the
work involved with GNOME 3.0. Still, should work together.

Anyone have some background? Otherwise I'll try and draft a friendly
request for info from those involved :)
--
Regards,
Olav