Re: 3.2 Release Notes: Featured Apps

Hi Brian,

On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 14:10 -0500, Brian Cameron wrote:
> Since the GNOME community has frequently promised that 3.x releases are
> going to significantly resolve usability issues that real users have
> complained about, perhaps we could highlight what we have done in these
> regards.  I know I appreciate that it is easier to move and resize
> windows with the now larger than 1-pixel border.  It would be nice if
> the release notes can emphasize how we have been listening to community
> feedback.

I agree. One potential source could be
https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointOne/Features/FixAnnoyingThings

Also Allan had the idea to include some comparison screenshots between
3.0 and 3.2 to illustrate extra visual polish.

> Perhaps someone could write-up something about general usability
> improvements, how close we are to supporting touch-screen, etc.
> Perhaps some photos of GNOME working nicely on small form factor
> devices might help to engage people.  Perhaps we should ping the
> usability list for feedback?

hadess was interested in improving touch-screen support[1], but assuming
that https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/Touchscreen is
up-to-date I unfortunately don't see big improvements in 3.2 worth to
mention - most issues still exist. :-/

andre

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-March/msg00024.html
--